Roku 4 4400R
Roku 4 4400R Main features:
- Price $99.95 US
- 1 GB processor
- 1/2 GB Ram
- 802.11ac MIMO dual-band WiFi support
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet
- Best for streaming in 4k and HDR
- Video Resolution: Up to 1080p HD (1920 x 1080) on HD TVs, up to 4K/60 Ultra HD (3840 × 2160) on 4K UHD TVs
- The Roku 4 4400R comes with WiFi remote and headphones for private listening
- The Roku 4 4400R has better features and can show more TV shows and movies in 4k and HDR then most comparable devices on the market.
- Voice capability and motion sensor remote with headphone jack included (great for viewing late at night without disturbing your partner) and Amazon Video app.
- Motion control remote and a full library of games makes this device much more versatile.
- Storage expansion microSD card slot for additional channel storage.
- 4K and HDR content is still uncommon and your HDR TV most likely already has compatible apps.
- Roku 4 4400R does not work with Dolby Vision HDR.
- Remote has a cheap feel and color combo makes it look like it’s for kids.
- Some apps interfaces are not as refined as other rival devices.
- Crave and Shomi are not available
- Does not store media locally
- Does not support external hard drive only streaming
The Roku 4 4400R is not perfect it is slow at moments and search can take some time. For 4K HDR TV owners that are tired of using built-in smart TV apps, the Roku 4 4400R is a great choice for the money.
Helpful review comments from Amazon.
- The Roku is great but I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who lives in Canada because there are not much TV channels to watch, TheRoku 4 4400R is much better if you live in the US.
I am glad I purchased this Roku 4. It is everything I hope it would be and more. I can watch my Prime Movies and listen to my music from the Roku 4. It has a lot of nice app in itself. The cooking shows and games that I like are included as free, There is some app that you have to pay for that are reasonable. I was surprised. It has so much to choose from. The big bonus for me is the earphones that connect to the remote, the sound is stereo quality, I do use my headphone with it also. The set up is pretty easy. I was a little lost on how to install the 16GB chip.You have to go online to set everything up as well as an account if you do not already have one. I actually went on YouTube to walk me through to get some kind of idea. There is no direction in the box. To turn it off you have to go into your settings-Power-off to turn it off. I do not let my run. I do recommend this Roku 4.
- If you are buying this model for 4K be very careful to see that your TV and other devices you may use with this unit are compatible.
- It doesn’t support external drives at all very unhappy because you can’t play your films off an external drive only streaming them so sad. I like Roku but they should have had an external drive slot.