Amazon Fire TV
- Price $99.00
- 1.7 GB processor
- 2 GB Ram
- 8 GB internal storage option to expand via the micro SD slot on the back.
- 802.11ac MIMO dual-band Wi-Fi support
- Best for streaming in 4k and HDR
- Bluetooth: 4.1 + LE
- Now streams Amazon and Netflix
- Video Resolution: Up to 1080p HD
- Comes with Wi-Fi remote also app available for phone/Ipad controls
Set up the Amazon Fire TV is very easy, but it can take about 15-20 minutes for the first setup if there are large updates you may have to install. It may take less time if your device has the latest software updates. Simple plug in power cord and HMDI cord in a select input put batteries in remote, log into your Wi-Fi network. The device will check for updates and install any that are needed. Enter your account information and start watching.
- 4k and 802.11ac Wi-Fi for the same price as the older model
- Fast navigation and accurate voice control
- Additional game controller available and vast amount of games accessible will adds to the entire family’s entertainment experience
- Voice recognition works well, integrating certain apps, such as HBO GO and Crackle.
- Amazon Prime is basically a must to get the most out of the box
- Third-party app integration pales in comparison to Prime
- Comparing to other 4K Streamers, such as the Roku 4 the Fire TV’s offerings are quite basic.
- 4K content is limited to Amazon and Netflix
- Netflix never appears in search results.
As with earlier models, the Amazon Fire TV is not for everyone. For people without prime membership content is limited and the 4K content pales in comparison to Roku 4. Amazon is trying to pursue the perfect Prime-video-delivery system.
Helpful review comments from Amazon
- I seriously wonder why it took me to get Fire TV for so long. I originally had a Roku XS and then I stupidly bought a Roku 4. Both devices were all right but neither could handle 5.1 audio from Netflix on my Vizio sound bar (essentially your device must be cable of handling Dolby Digital Plus and nothing less using Roku). I finally decided to give Fire TV a try and I’m amazed. Not only does it convert DD+ to DD on Netflix and HBO Go, I can install XBMC (Kodi) on it! I wish I knew about this before I bought my Roku 4 and HTPC. I now literally have no use for my HTPC anymore… Fire TV can handle EVERYTHING now and all with DD and DTS 5.1 audio. Even better, I have a ton of smart devices and 3 Echo’s… I can now control all of these devices directly from the remote. This is seriously one of the best purchases I have made in the past year.
- Love It only set back is that the Alexa app isn’t as responsive as hoped. So far it has been wonderful for gaming. This really is a perfect gaming package!
- It is cool but wish it had more adult games, seems set up for a 7-year-
- $89.99 US